Various Activities of IRIIM
Since 1981, IRIIM aims to propagate and develop a multi-dimensional approach which can provide a cost-effective, safe, easily accessible, pro-nature and modern health care delivery system for the people. As a non-profit voluntary organization, IRIIM serves the common people at OPD and in Indoor (only in Eastern India) at 'Ranajit Memorial Hospital' housed at 'IRIIM Bhawan' in an environment that ameliorates the sense of well being at an affordable expenses. Since 2008, Kolkata City Integrated Treatment centre of IRIIM is functioning.
- Ranajit Memorial Hospital housed at 'IRIIM Bhawan' has been engaged in serving the people through Integrated Acupuncture-Yoga-Naturopathy - Diet therapy with emergency support of Allopathy as when necessary in Outdoor & Indoor (only in Eastern India)
- Drug De-Addiction cum Rehabilitation Center named named -'PRATYAYA' (confidence) since 1993.
- Yoga-Naturopathy Patient Care Center since 1998
- Research and Development Work: IRIIM is recognized as Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (SIRO) by DSIR, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India since 1996. Research Advisory Board (RAB) comprising a team of experts from different fields under the Chairmanship of noted Defence Scientist Prof. Dr. Ram Gopal (LINK photo) guides the R&D work of IRIIM. IRIIM stresses on R & D work in day to day practice for standardization of traditional drugless therapies. For example, as a routine procedure, IRIIM faculties observe traditional tongue and pulse examination both for diagnosis and prevention purpose. For Women's empowerment through S & T, IRIIM has taken special programme. IRIIM completed successfully Govt. of India funded Traditional Medicine and Diagnostics based Research projects on -:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis under ICMR,
- Traditional Tongue Diagnosis under Dept. of Information Technology, Central Council of Research in Yoga & Naturopathy (CCRYN) and Dept. of Science & Technology (DST),
- Moxa (a Medicinal Plant) under Defence Research Laboratory (DRDO).
- Training: Since inception, IRIIM organizes training of Integrated Yoga- Naturopathy-Diet-Acupuncture both for the Doctors and Freshers, so that they can integrate or practice these drugless therapies in their day to day work.
- De-Addiction Work:Since 1993, Drug De-Addiction Cum Rehabilitation Center under the name of 'PRATYAYA' is run by IRIIM earlier supported by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India based on the same protocol of Drugless therapies. Till date more than 5000 addicts have been detoxified and rehabilitated. Research work on the efficacy of Pro-Nature therapies (Acupuncture-Yoga-Naturopathy-Diet Therapy) in comparison to Conventional Medicine regarding the management of Substance Abuse & its Prevention are done here.
- Yoga-Naturopathy: Since 1999, a Yoga-Naturopathy Patient Care Centre is running which was earlier sponsored by Central Council For Research in Yoga-Naturopathy (CCRYN), New Delhi, under AYUSH, Ministry of Health & F.W Govt. of India. Presently, throughout the year Yoga-Naturopathy-Acupuncture Treatment-cum-Awareness camps sponsored by National Institute of Naturopathy (NIN) Pune are regularly conducted both in house & outside. Since 2006, the only Major Grantee Naturopathy Hospital in WB by National Institute of Naturopathy (NIN), Pune under AYUSH, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India. Under National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) of Govt. of India completed Survey of Traditional Medicine in two States (WB & Tripura) out of 21 States in 2008. Report published by GOI.
- Disease Prevention and Awareness Generation: Along with the therapy, the Institute always favours disease prevention and awareness generation to the utmost. Accordingly, we regularly advice, train, propagate the healthy life style and naturopathic organic diet. For the last few years, inspired by ShriKumar Poddar , our International Advisor, we have developed our open space to 100% organic cultivation field and started organic farming in nearby villages for self consumption and propagation through distribution of Organic & Natural products.